Traffic Management Operative – Low Speed 12d
Location: Braintree, Essex
Salary: highly competitive depending on location, skills and experience with company benefits and overtime opportunity.
As a Traffic Management Operative, you can expect the benefits from Herts Traffic Management that come with being an employer of choice:
- Highly competitive salary with overtime opportunity
- 28 days holiday including Bank Holidays
- Job Security and Guaranteed Hours
- Company Pension -worth £900 on average per year
- Uniform and PPE provided free -worth £300
- Free Traffic Management Training worth up to £1300
- Working with digitally enabled work zone safety solutions
- Career Development
- On-site free parking
General hours of work are variable per week depending on location. Hours and shifts include days, evenings, nights and weekends with the option of overtime as required. You will also be required to be on the on-call rota.
Why Herts Traffic Management
Herts TM has invested heavily in new traffic lights, traffic management equipment and specialist traffic management vehicles. The company now operates over 600 sets of temporary traffic signals. Further expansion in January 2009, with a new traffic management depot which opened at Braintree in Essex and the Redhill depot has relocated to larger dedicated premises at Gatwick in West Sussex, and we also have a depot in Watford. You may be required to work from any of these depots, depending on the work.
The company now services the traffic management needs for a majority of utility companies working in the Gas, Water and Electricity industries within London, South and South East. of England..
About the role of Traffic Management Operative
Now part of The Chevron Group, there has never been a better time to join Herts Traffic Management as a Traffic Management Operative! We have had our most successful year ever! We are growing significantly – which is why we need YOU!
Responsibilities of the Traffic Management Operative:
The Traffic Management Operative sits at the heart of everything we and you will be responsible for:
- Installing, maintaining and removing temporary traffic management such as deploying cones, signs, frames, sandbags and other equipment on low-speed roads.
- Undertaking traffic counts, calls to clients and subcontractors, timings and near misses
- Maintenance of temporary traffic lights
- Helping and guiding new trainees
What good looks like for a Traffic Management Operative:
- Qualified up to 12D M6 highly desirable
- T1 / T2 qualified
- Knowledge of Chapter 8
- Physically fit and able to pass a safety critical worker medical,
- You will possess a full driving licence, with no more than 6 points.
- Able to pass a drug and alcohol test
- Positive “can-do” attitude
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Meticulous attention to detail
So, if you want to join a winning team and be part of an innovative organisation which is focussed on company growth and employee progression, click on the apply button today.